Direct Debit is great for…
- Regular payments such as subscriptions. Retention rates are exceptionally high, as churn due to card expiry is completely eliminated. An example would be membership organisations.
- Invoicing for services where instant payment is not required. Examples are marketing agencies and driving schools.
- Account customers who have an ongoing relationship with the merchant. Direct Debit automates the collection process and lets customers simplify the way they pay. Wholesalers are a good example.
Direct Debit isn’t so good for…
- Transactions which need immediate clearing. Direct Debit payments are not instant - see our timings guide for more info.
- Liquid assets and high value goods, such as cars or currency. The Direct Debit Guarantee could make these a target for fraudsters.
Direct Debit payments through GoCardless
Our simple online interface makes it cheaper and easier to access and use Direct Debit than ever before:
Online businesses: We are the leader in online Direct Debit, with a simple API that integrates with your website & CRM. This automates the manual processes associated with other providers.
Invoicing: GoCardless has partnerships with Sage, Xero, FreeAgent and KashFlow to reconcile your Direct Debit payments automatically.
Small businesses: Set up online in under 5 minutes with our simple online interface.
To find out more about collecting Direct Debits with GoCardless visit our website.‹ View table of contents Next page ›