How can I use GoCardless?
There are three ways to use GoCardless:
- Our dashboards - Set up and manage Direct Debit payments with your customers using our simple online dashboard.
- Our account software partnerships - We work with a growing list of partners, so you can take payments within the online services you already use.
- Our clean, RESTful API - Integrate GoCardless into your website using our REST API.
Who is GoCardless for?
Anyone can use GoCardless, but it is particularly great for B2B (business-to-business) and recurring payments.
We have integrated with many of the most popular accounting packages to enable easy invoicing and payment reconciliation.
Find out more here.
What can I not use GoCardless for?
GoCardless is great for many use cases. However, there are some limitations with our service. We aren't able to:
- Let you take credit card payments - however you can use another payment provider alongside GoCardless.
- Let you accept instant payments - Direct Debit payments take 3-5 working days to clear, so they're not ideal for goods that need to be shipped quickly.
- Let you accept payments from non-UK bank accounts - Soon, we'll be available across the EU, and then further afield.
We're able to accept most kinds of customers but there are some exceptions - for full details, see our restricted activities page.
Are there any limits on the amount I can collect?
There are no limits on how many transactions you can make.
For a single transaction, the minimum amount is £1 and the maximum is £5,000. We may be able to increase this with additional verification checks.
How do I receive funds I have collected with GoCardless?
Funds you have collected are paid directly into your UK bank account, minus our fee.
When do I receive my payment?
All payments are paid out 3 working days from when the payment was collected.
We don't hold back any of your funds in reserve.
Do you take credit or debit cards?
No, GoCardless is a Direct Debit company.
Why is GoCardless better than the other options I'm considering?
Below are just some of the reasons why people choose us:
- Reduced administration - Collect recurring and one-off payments automatically, or at the click of a button. We manage everything else for you.
- Simple, low pricing - We charge 1% per transaction, and never more than £2. Scale pricing is available.
- Powerful tools that suit you - Everything you need to set up, collect and manage Direct Debit payments with our simple online tool or REST API.
- The personal touch - Our support team prides itself on being there to help whenever you need us.
Is GoCardless a Bacs-approved bureau?
Yes, GoCardless is a Bacs-approved bureau.