To determine if accepting ACH payments is right for your business, there are questions you can ask yourself:
- Does your business currently take recurring payments?
- Do a significant portion of your customers currently pay by paper checks?
- Do a significant portion of your customers currently pay by credit card?
- Do the fees for ACH processing save you money compared to credit card fees?
- Would you be able to convert your credit-card-using customers to pay by ACH instead?
- Are any of your customer base, or potential customer base, uncomfortable with making online payments via credit card?
- Is your business currently ineligible to accept credit and debit cards (for example, by being in a high-risk business category)?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, your business is likely to benefit from accepting ACH payments.‹ View table of contents Next page ›